Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You might be a redneck if....

Are we redneck? wait- dont' answer that!



And if you had to think about that for too long- then you already know your answer. (some family members are probably whooting and a hollering- cheering for team redneck- LOL) (in case  you didn't know- their answer is YES)



So a few things have occurred at our household to make me think to myself "Hmmpf- that was pretty redneck"



But in Texas- everyone is a littlebit redneck- right??



So let me fill you in:



1. One Easter when my parents came over for Easter dinner we were all drinking wine- and no one knew whose was whose wine glass. So I came up with a great idea! Wine charms! But I didn't have any of the "official" wine charms- so I used old twisty ties- you know- like from a loaf of bread. LISTEN- they actually came out pretty cute. Since I am sort of a pack rat- I just happened to have a whole bunch of them- so I had all different colors! And just like that- wa-la- everyone knew which wine glass was theirs.



2. One Thanksgiving the hubs decided on frying a turkey. Great idea! Love fried turkey. We had a turkey- check!  fryer-check! oil- check! But we put the grease in, and started the cooker thingy- and hmmmm... what do we use to put/ hang the turkey in the fryer with. AGAIN- it's my genius brilliancy-(and yes-that is a word) We came up with the idea of using a wire hanger. Worked perfect! I am pretty sure at this family dinner we were also drinking out of twisty tie wine glasses too.



3. Once our toilet broke- forcing us to go out and buy a new one. No.no.no don't get any gross ideas here people- well not too gross. Anyhow- stay with me. So husband decided to take said broke toilet and turn it into a cooler! That's right people- A freakin cooler. When I walk out on the back porch and see a cooler full of beer- of course- he tells me "Well I scrubbed it with bleach"



4. We have a 4 wheeler. That the kids LOVE- but husband likes to ride it too. In fact at our old house I am pretty sure we had worn the grass down from riding it in circles- in the backyard!!!





ummm... did I mention that it is a CHILD size 4 wheeler???



yes- this is redneck people-




And the latest- we had to break the baby in too-


5. It's hot in Texas- you all know that. And what keeps things cool the best? A cooler- and when it's hot outside- don't you just want to jump in a nice big pool of cold water? Makes perfect sense- and that's just what we thought for Kash too. So what better way to create a day of fun splashing than to make him his very own cooler tub??? That's right- we put the baby in the cooler- and he went to town- had a blast! Had just about as much fun as if he had drank the beers that would have been in that cooler on any other given weekend. (no- we don't give babies beer- geesh!)





























I know- probably not what you were expecting for the 100th post- but I just had to DO IT- and just get something out here! I was all kinds of stressed about the 100th this and the 100th that- then I realized- it's just another post- and there will be manymanymany more.


So CHEERS- to the 1st 100- and stay tuned for more! Have a glass of wine- tie a twisty tie on it- ride a 4 wheeler, sit in a cooler on a toilet- whatever... CHEERS!


0 comments:

Post a Comment